[3830] RTTY WPX VY0ERC(VE1RUS) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vy0erc@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX VY0ERC(VE1RUS) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 01:33:09 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: VY0ERC
Operator(s): VE1RUS
Station: VY0ERC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Eureka
Operating Time (hrs): 28.5

------------
   80:    1
   40:  117
   20:  244
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------

Club: Eureka Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Contesting from the Arctic is always challenging. However, the weather gave me a
favour just for a couple days and I managed to install all our antennas (AV5,
R5, 20m Moxon and 40m sloper). The amplifier also has been fixed just in time
and survived all 48 hours of operation without a glitch. The most favourable 20m
band in our case was pretty bad this time with very poor propagation to Europe
and Asia. This was compensated by not bad conditions on 40 m with openings to
NA, SA, Asia and Pacific. As a result ~360 QSO were made total, which is quite
good number for RTTY contest from our location. It is always fun to operate from
the PEARL on Top of the World and put Eureka on the air.