[3830] ARRLDX CW VA7ST SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VA7ST SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 01:22:18 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:    5     5
   80:   24    19
   40:   92    50
   20:  476    82
   15:   43    22
   10:
-------------------
Total:  640   178  Total Score = 341,760

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Managed 17.5 hours on the air, but felt like more than that. Conditions on 20M
were pretty good, and even better than expected on 40M. On 80M, the firt night
was weak and the second night stronger.

Didn't hear any EU on 15M except for one OH while I was calling toward JA. Lucky
find indeed.

Apologies to all the EU callers I wasn't able to get to on Sunday morning. The
pileup was so intense all I could hear was a loud wall with not even a CW
element discernable at times. Took about five times longer than usual for each
QSO, relying on stations at the top or bottom of the cloud to stand out, until
the band shifted and the massive pile abated. Fun but I'd rather handle three or
four callers at a time than 50. Special kudos to the 100-watters and QRPers who
broke through that pile :)

Not yet sure, but I think conditions-wise we might be on a slight incline back
up the other side of the trough. The solar indices wouldn't suggest that yet,
but the points seem to.

-- Bud VA7ST

Year   QSOs  Mults   Score
----   ----  -----   -------