[3830] ARRLDX CW AD5A SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ad5amike@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW AD5A SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 01:29:40 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: AD5A
Operator(s): AD5A
Station: AD5A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 37

  160:   51    36
   80:  236    69
   40:  725    90
   20:  425    81
   15:  110    53
   10:   11     6
-------------------
Total: 1558   335  Total Score = 1,549,710

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Rocksprings, TX QTH

My score was down a bit this year, but I'm blaming that on being in the
Unassisted Category this year instead of Unlimited which I participated in last
year. The added time waiting for some ops ID so I could work them or move on
adds up quick.

I made some changes to my station to strengthen some weak spots and the results
were very good. The station played well. The big change was adding a JK
rotatable dipole for 80m at 180'...sweet!!

Low Band conditions were good, especially 160m on Saturday night. At least from
my South Texas QTH, where 160m can be very tough, there was a veritable
smorgasbord of solid copy EU stations to be worked. 10m and 15m were S&P
only from here. Some very brief openings to parts of EU in the morning and JA in
the afternoon, but never anything that would sustain a CQ strategy.

Lots of fun, now to recover.

Station:
K3S w/ KP1500

160m: 1/4 vertical with 4 elevated radials
      RX - SAL 30
80m: JK Rotatable Dipole at 180'
40: Stacked Moxons at 170'/100'
20, 15,10: Stacked JK Big Tris at 150'/125'