[3830] ARRLDX CW K0AP SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K0AP SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 03:04:08 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K0AP
Operator(s): K0AP
Station: K0AP

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   48    38
   80:   91    53
   40:  197    63
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  336   154  Total Score = 155,232

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

Operated on the low bands only. My HEX beam is down from the winter storm 3
weeks ago. 160m was amazing, worked all across EU and added many new DXCC to my
160m total. Never had an antenna for 160m until late last fall when I scrambled
to put up an improvised Inv L on my very very small city lot. Only 3 ground
radials at this time (60ft each). Used about 600 W power from my ACOM 1000 and
almost everyone I heard/called answered. Now I am hooked and will improve the
160m antenna with adding more radials and raise the vertical element a little
higher. No room for serious RX antenna.
80m was also very good with lots of EU's. Did not get up in the morning to work
Asia, now I wish I did.
I was able to run nice 30 minutes pileup on 40m on Saturday. Thanks for the
Qso's and many new ones on the Top band. Working toward my 2500 DXCC Challenge,
about 100 more to go.

73 Dragan K0AP