[3830] ARRLDX CW K6RO SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Lashap@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K6RO SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 07:08:09 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K6RO
Operator(s): K6RO
Station: K6RO

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:
   40:   80    41
   20:   34    21
   15:   18    12
   10:
-------------------
Total:  132    74  Total Score = 29,304

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

As of Thursday before the contest, the only antenna I had up was an R9 that only
worked on 12 and 17m. When my Friday night tennis match was rained out, I came
home and threw up a DXB sloper in a tree at 10 feet, and to my surprise, it
worked on 40m. I made 42 q’s that night using 100 watts.
Very slow going,but worth it getting back into the hobby.
I got up early Saturday morning,and continued on 40m. Same Saturday night , and
Sunday morning. With no tennis Sunday, I cleaned up and put together a borrowed
R7 antenna.. thanks N6HE for the loan. I hooked it up and it worked fine on all
bands,so I worked as many mults as I could on 15 and 20m. I am a long way from
getting a decent station working,but it is going to happen.
Next step is getting my beam and tower up,along with getting my Alpha 87A
working.
Thanks also to Gary WA6MEM for helping and K6ZZ for his support.
73,Larry K6RO