[3830] ARRLDX CW N1UR SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N1UR SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 11:19:21 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 43.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:  208    64
   80:  541    79
   40:  950    90
   20: 1424   106
   15:  489    81
   10:    6     2
-------------------
Total: 3618   422  Total Score = 4,503,494

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Great fun as always.  Everything worked well but maintenance has been hard this
winter.  We have received over 6 feet of snow so far this year with a couple of
freeze - thaw cycles mixed in.  And the week before the contest had a pretty
strong wind storm and I lost the back element of my 2 el 80M array.  So the
contest was done with the front leg - also known as a dipole.  I won't be able
to fix it for SSB either.  It will have to be a spring fix.

The Low band conditions were excellent, finally, with no disturbed conditions.
That helped the dipole situation as I was able to run well on 80M.  I think that
the combined 80/160M Q and mult totals are a record for me.

Asia was pretty poor condx from here.  I heard a few JA on 40 but could not make
the Q. Very weak signals.  Never heard a JA on 80M.  20M was decent although not
many mults to be had.

Was surprised to get a nice 15M opening to EU Sunday for about 2 hours then it
shut down pretty hard.  10M was a bust.  A couple of PY and a CX were the only
Qs.

It is great to see such EU activity in this contest.  Just a bottomless pit of
callers on 20, 40, 80.  Especially 80M as sometimes the conditions are better
then the activity in this contest but not this year.

See you in SSB in 2 weeks where it looks less favorable for Low Band conditions.
 Oh well, we take it when we get it.

73

Ed  N1UR