[3830] ARRLDX CW 9A3XV(@9A7A) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW 9A3XV(@9A7A) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 22:03:51 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: 9A3XV
Operator(s): 9A3XV
Station: 9A7A

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Varaždin
Operating Time (hrs): 38:49
Radios: SO2R

  160:  175    41
   80:  414    49
   40:  874    56
   20: 1054    61
   15:  196    34
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 2713   241  Total Score = 1,961,499

Club: Croatian Contest Club

Comments:

Hi guys!

First of all I would like to thank 9A7A guys to give me opportunity to work from
this fantastic contest superstation. Special thank to Sam 9A3OS who was my
liaison officer to other guys, to Vinko 9A3TR for preparing the station and N1MM
software prior the contest, Darko 9A5X, Eugen 9A7V and all of them for nice
hospitality and taking care about me all the time during the contest. Guys I
hope I have fulfilled your expectations representing the station on the band
right way.

Start on 40 was in big pileup but relatively slow regarding my ability to adapt
quickly to new environment and sound of the station. Sorry guys to wait for my
response sometimes. The 3 el. 40 yagi is doing great job, so after my adaptation
the rate grows up quickly. After a while I switch to 80 and 160 to try full size
vertical and inv L antennas. The 300m NW beverage at 9A7A is grate - big signals
like on yagi but with very reduced noise - grate job guys. I enjoy switching
between 80 and 160 till the morning and finished first night at 40.

After the morning beauty sleep I started on 20 clicking bandmap spots and trying
to develop run. Unfortunately miss 15 opening around 1200z. So missed lots of 15
mults first day. After that 20 was gret till local evening - 24m long yagi doing
well. Second night low bands were in good shape but with weaker signals than
first night. I was very tired and may be I fell asleep sometimes on the chair in
the morning. Sorry if you call me without reply.

After the Sunday morning break I started more concentrated and take care about
15. So I made missed mults and some runs on 15 too - 6 over 6 stack work great.
Sunday afternoon 20 was good but with slower runs. I finished contest on 40, 80
and 160 with some good openings and one new mult on 160.

All in all I enjoyed great time working from this fantastic station and in
company with great 9A7A guys.

Congrats to competitors, 9A5Y and others - it was nice to follow livescores
standings. Respect to E7DX guys for their special E7/9A5K activity.

Best 73
Sale, 9A3XV