[3830] ARRLDX CW P40W(W2GD) SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2gd@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW P40W(W2GD) SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 13:54:13 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: P40W
Operator(s): W2GD
Station: P40W

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:  311    51
   80:  661    59
   40: 1000    60
   20: 1156    61
   15:  943    56
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 4071   287  Total Score = 3,504,270

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

K3, 100W, Win-Test Software
160 Vert Dipole
160/80 Inv. V at 60'
80M Inv V at 55'
F12 2 ele Delta 240 @ 68'
F12 C31XR @ 62' Never rotated off ~320 degrees.
F12 C3 @ 60' - used as RX antenna
Beverage Antennas: 800' NE, 500' N/S, 500' NW

Another terrific week for ham radio contesting.  The ARRL DX CW will be
remembered for the EPIC conditions we enjoyed on 160 and 80 meters.  In three
decades of visits to Aruba I've never heard signals from EU as loud on these
bands - and more than once thinking to myself why couldn't this have been CQWW
CW.  Congratulations to those of you who made the most of this unique
occurrence.

Enjoyed socializing this week with the operators at P40L and P40E.  The last
minute 40M antenna repairs at P40E were happily successful and my contribution
to the FRC point production.

Its official - Ten Meters has been catastrophically wounded and will require a
long period of rehabilitation before returning to active duty. Heard only my
deep south SA brothers all weekend.

When will the ARRL get their act together and update the ARRL DX rules to allow
apportionment of multi-op points among multiple clubs like other contests do?
This rule change is long overdue.  Ask your ARRL Directors to task their CAC on
this item. At the same time ask for a power rule change, lowering the Low Power
limit from 150w to 100w (a rule that has been in place since the typical
transmitter had a pair of 6146 finals).

Tower and antenna maintenance projects included tower painting and wire antenna
replacements this trip.  The salt never sleeps.

I want to thank those of you who were willing to move to other bands for the
multiplier - greatly appreciated!

Special thanks go to my Aruban hosts who for 20 years have continued to
facilitate my nearly life-long contesting addiction, and to my XYL Elaine,
KB2ERI, for her never ending support.

Will be operating the HH2AA remote station courtesy of RHR during ARRL DX PH and
returning to P44W for CQ WPX PH.

73,

John, W2GD