[3830] ARRLDX CW PJ6A(@PJ6/NM1Y) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jeff.nm1y@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW PJ6A(@PJ6/NM1Y) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 15:45:32 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: PJ6A
Operator(s): K4UEE NM1Y W5SJ WC4X
Station: PJ6/NM1Y

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Saba
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  429    52
   80:  662    56
   40: 1004    58
   20: 1379    59
   15: 1059    60
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 4533   285  Total Score = 3,865,455

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

There is a modest station at our QTH on Saba, but almost all antennas must be
erected before the contest and are taken down prior to our departure. For that
reason, it is necessary to arrive early and stay longer than a
"walk-in" shack.

The antenna situation continues to evolve since our 2016 effort. We put up a new
40m sloper, 80m inverted V and an inverted L 160m antenna. We also put up a 160m
receive antenna. The A3S Tri-bander was used for 10, 15 and 20m.

The first night of the contest we realized something was wrong with the 160m
antenna. We were not being heard and only made 4 Q's! Saturday the team
scrambled to build and put up a 160m sloper. It did the trick with
429 Q's on 160m Saturday night. The 160m receive antenna worked well on 160,
80 and 40.

Ten meters was a complete flop. We monitored the band closely Saturday
and Sunday and never had an opening.  That certainly hurt our score. We enjoyed
the competition and would like to thank all who participated.

I enjoyed being host to a fine group of hams, Bob K4UEE, Bill W5SJ and
Ned WC4X. Their hard work and good CW skills were the keys to our success.

Adios from Saba, CU again next year!
73, Jeff-NM1Y