[3830] ARRLDX CW VE3DZ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3dz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE3DZ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 00:51:44 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: VE3DZ
Operator(s): VE3DZ
Station: VE3DZ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Niagara
Operating Time (hrs): 41

  160:  172    69
   80:  448    80
   40:  790    97
   20: 1208   106
   15:  261    76
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 2879   428  Total Score = 3,686,364

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Usually I operate from a DX side in this one, but this year it didn't work out.
But I couldn't miss my second favourite Contest.
My 2nd radio 20/15/10 got stuck to North-West after few snow and wind storms,
and half of my equipment was in the boxes after my recent Zone 2 trip anyway, so
no SO2R for me this time.
I decided not to kill myself and slept few hours each night.
Conditions were pretty good overall, 40 stayed open long hours to Europe, 160
was amazing and even 80 (my weakest band) produced few pretty good runs. 10 m
never opened for me.
It was quite an experience to operate from "this side"... Not always
pleasant.
Overall activity from DX side was pretty good, had plenty people to work even at
the end of the contest.
Highlight was to be called by RI1ANL on 80 m some 5 minutes before the end.
Thanks to all for QSO's.
Next year hopefully I will return to the DX side.