[3830] ARRLDX CW HA7GN SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ha7gn@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW HA7GN SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 11:29:11 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: HA7GN
Operator(s): HA7GN
Station: HA7GN

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Matraszentimre
Operating Time (hrs): ~22
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  982    60
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  982    60  Total Score = 176,760

Club:

Comments:

The whole family got sick during the week making me stay home for the contest.
Became another opportunity to work remote again.
Testing band conditions for several weeks in advance I had about 4,000 RBN spots
to evaluate which is the best antenna combination to use in each hour during the
NA opening. The evenings were not promising at all (after 18:00UTC). Sunday
night was surprisingly different from any expectations since the band was open
till local midnight with slow rates and strong signals. (hearing W7 stations one
hour before the end..)
There were three internet blackouts during the two days causing 1,5 hours of
loss of valuable time and mind.. this is the risk running remote.
The late openings have somewhat compensated for the losses during the active
openings. This year's result is only 4% down in QSO count vs the one in 2018.

Station setup:
2x FTdx5000 for control & remote
Hamm3r RemoteMate (remote control device pack)
Auto-amp @ 1.3kW
Easy-rotor-controller
2x4L mono Yagi stack @ 11/20m (@820m ASL)

73, Gabor HA7GN