[3830] ARRLDX CW NN3W(KL2A) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW NN3W(KL2A) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2019 07:14:09 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): KL2A
Station: N3HBX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:  201    62
   80:  601    79
   40:  815    88
   20:  910    84
   15:  221    62
   10:    4     4
-------------------
Total: 2750   379  Total Score = 3,111,969

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

What was likely a Multi effort became a last minute SO2R thrill-ride.

My sincere thanks to John Evans, N3HBX for use of his beautiful Potomac
Superstation and NN3W for the SO2R reigns.

As many say we are at the very bottom of the cycle, the exceptional conditions
presented on 40-80-160M were enhanced, to say the least. 80 and 160M both
provided deja vu of past cycle peaks on 15 and 10M with Q's routinely 6000 miles
away, arriving without flutter, Q5, and full callsign pileups the standard of
the night. Just amazing conditions.

Highlights:

- Working Antarctica at 9000+ miles being S9+ on the lowest bands was truly
astounding.

- Long Path on 40/80 into VK/ZL, HS, etc.

- The high bands opened early and offered quick and consistent SO2R pile-up
speeds. Such great CW operators.

- My fastest rate at N3HBX of 197/hr was increased to a 233/hour and this was
found on 40/80M. There were similar hours (220s) on the 20/15M opener Saturday
morning as well.

GL to all of those planning and plotting for a WRTC 2022 seat for their country.
This should be a real treat for all to watch as they jockey to achieve their
positions.

This contest continues to be a highlight for me. Thanks for all of the Q's and
fun with familiar callsigns from all around the world. Until the next one,
cheers.

73 KL2A
www.qrz.com/db/kl2a