[3830] CQ160 SSB VE9AA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB VE9AA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 13:53:37 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 1

Total:  QSOs = 69  State/Prov = 28  Countries = 7  Total Score = 11,900

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Put in my usual showing for this one (1 hour).  Condx were avg or just below
average imo.

Was very pleased to work Stan ZF9CW (on phone!) on the first call on the bottom
of the band w/ a vy high SWR here.

C6ANM, UA7K, PJ4G, EW6W, OK7K  and other DX were worked, but it wasn't quite as
easy on a noisy band, using SSB,  high SWR and a flaky connection out there in
the field somewhere causing my amp to constantly trip.

To the West VA5DX was worked, but in the SW, WD5COV (NM) was 5/5 here, but
couldn't hear me constantly calling.  Then he went on to have a short QSO with
someone out that way, and I gave up calling after a couple minutes.

Sorry I couldn't put in more time, but NB was well represented as I worked Dave,
VE9CB...I suspect VE9HF, VE9BK or VE9ML was out there somewhere too.

Congrats to the brave who stuck it out.

Mike VE9AA......some kind of weird Inverted J or Inverted U contraption (started
life as an inverted L) and 2 raised radials. SWR not good!

IC7410, YCCC SO2R+, Yamaha CM-500, N1MM+( the best!)