[3830] CQ160 SSB N9TF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N9TF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 02:31:37 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): .75

Total:  QSOs = 16  State/Prov = 10  Countries = 1  Total Score = 517

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Didn't have any time for this contest. And SSB on 160 with 100 watts and a very
wet noodle for an antenna is pretty hopeless. I did spend some time playing with
my rotatable 12/17/30 dipole as a RX antenna to see how that might work until I
can configure some kind of LOG or BOG on my small backyard parcel. I was quite
surprised at what I could hear under the noise floor, when the noise floor
dropped almost 20DB on the D3W dipole. In some cases I heard other stations
calling on the same freq as a stronger station was also working that freq. Lots
of signals popped out that I could not hear on the short half sloper. At the
time I worked ZF9CW, he was under my noise. on the D3W, in the clear. Didn't
have time to stick around for EU sunrise to see if I could hear any signals from
that part of the globe. This coming summer and falls project will be to lay down
a BOG and maybe even a LOG.

73 Gene
N9TF