[3830] ARRLDX SSB K0VXU SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K0VXU SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 00:36:11 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: SO Unlimited HP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Assisted One-Transmitter HP
QTH: KS-USA
Operating Time (hrs): 8:13

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  209    78
   15:   70    31
   10:   12     5
-------------------
Total:  291   114  Total Score = 99,522

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

K3, TL922A, TH6DXX, N1MM+

Short-timer in this one.  Just stuck my toe in the water.  SO on 20-15-10. Still
waiting for winter to end to repair antennas lost in January to a snow storm.
Missed EU openings on both Saturday and Sunday.Bands were not as good as for CW
test, but had fun anyway.  Noting outstanding in the way of DX.  The only
surprise came late Sunday near end of test when I returned to the rig from a
quick supper and found VR2XAN calling CQ on the frequency where I had left it to
go to supper.  Wow. what luck.  Don't think I could have crashed the west coast
pile up for that one.

I was disappointed in not hearing 4D3X (DU3LA) or SV1/KU1CW during the times I
was at the rig.  I didn't even hear a Philippine station.

Then Sunday moring i had to take time out to shovel 4 inches of snow off the
driveawy where it was breezy and 10F (-12C).  Thanks to my daughter and her
hubby for helping.  It only took about an hour to shovel and 10 minutes to thaw
out.

Thanks to all who copied me a gave a report.  Good luck to all in your contests
efforts.  Obviously, I will not be included in the high scores.

73,
Russ K0VXU