[3830] ARRLDX SSB WA7AN(K9DR) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9DR@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB WA7AN(K9DR) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 02:37:08 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: WA7AN
Operator(s): K9DR
Station: WA7AN

Class: SO Unlimited HP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Assisted One-Transmitter HP
QTH: Mesa, AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:    7     6
   80:   37    28
   40:   86    45
   20:  151    52
   15:   62    26
   10:    9     4
-------------------
Total:  352   161  Total Score = 170,016

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

To describe this contest in one word...PAINFUL!!! Awful just doesn't adequately
describe how bad the band conditions were.

Let's see: Put in two more hours than last year and the score was down from
218,700 to 170,016.  Total QSO's from 405 to 352 this year.   The modest in
crease in low band QSO's and mults did not offset the large decreases on 20
through 10 meters.

Throw in the blown remote coax switch Friday night, which required going to the
tower base to manually connect the appropriate antenna coax to the transmitter
feed via a "Barrel" connector.  The three computer hiccups and a
tripped circuit breaker at 4:00 AM did nothing to improve my outlook.

Oh, yes, no KH7M on 10 meters.  Not much Europe Sunday morning, because I was
going to take a short nap at 6:30 this morning and awoke at 10:00...grump, grump
and more grump!