[3830] ARRLDX SSB K1HX(K1HC) SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dick.bean@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K1HX(K1HC) SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 22:01:38 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: K1HX
Operator(s): K1HC
Station: K1HX

Class: SOSB/80 HP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op SB80 Non-Assisted One-Transmitter LP
QTH: Maine
Operating Time (hrs): 3
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:  63     37
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  63     37  Total Score = 6,993

Club:

Comments:

K1HX 80 meter low power entry remote from MA to our vacation home in Harpswell,
ME (FN53at):  Just prior to starting my operating time, I tested the amplifier
and shortly after had a call from the home security company that the burglar
alarm went off.  The RF from the amplifier into the 80 meter inverted (at 125’
about 70 feet from the house!) tripped the alarm, so my participation in the
contest was low power with the Elecraft K3 at 100 watts.  I will be taking
ferrite beads with me for the alarm wiring the next trip up there!