[3830] ARRLDX SSB W5MX M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bydal@roadrunner.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W5MX M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 01:03:44 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX AJ4A KJ4YLR
Station: W5MX

Class: M/S HP
Cabrillo Category: Multi-Single All-Band HP
QTH: ky
Operating Time (hrs): 40:12

  160:   36    32
   80:  118    65
   40:  273    76
   20:  919   102
   15:   97    27
   10:    6     3
-------------------
Total: 1449   305  Total Score = 1,288,320

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

Wow, that was rough as many have pointed out! Band condx a far cry from where
they were for the CW leg to say the least.

Poor propagation from here in central KY, as I know was the case about
everywhere. 15 meters sounded like 10 most of the time, 10 meters about like 6.
15 was a SA show, along with a few southern Caribbeans thrown in.  15 skip too
far for a bunch of the northern Caribbean mults - saw spotted but could not hear
them. 20 was the money band with decent runs to EU both days, Sunday morning a
bit better. Never heard JA either evening on 20 until late Sunday afternoon. 40
was very tough to EU first night, second night a bit better as others have
pointed out. 80 about like 40, better Sat night. Right before the end of the
contest you could tell things were definitely coming back around - about 48
hours too late.

Highlight of the contest for me is watching Clayton KJ4YLR continue to gain more
confidence with every S&P Q, just need to get him running now! Terry AJ4A
and Clayton were the anchor men both nights as I tried to sleep to be fresh for
running the 20m EU openings in the morning. Terry ran quite a bit as well later
both days. Was more of a dx'ing event rather than a running contest the vast
majority of the time.

We ate a lot of food, told some good stories and had a great time - which is
what this is really about for me. I even got a few chores done around the
property both days just trying to stay busy.

Best 73's and c u all in the next one!
Bryan
W5MX