[3830] ARRLDX SSB WY3A SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill.wy3a@gmx.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB WY3A SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 01:10:42 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: WY3A
Operator(s): WY3A
Station: WY3A

Class: SO Unlimited HP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Assisted One-Transmitter HP
QTH: West Chester, PA
Operating Time (hrs): 29

  160:   36    29
   80:  111    56
   40:  135    60
   20:  342    88
   15:   82    30
   10:    7     3
-------------------
Total:  713   266  Total Score = 568,974

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

A build-up of ice on the HexBeam and Inverted Vee's shifted resonances lower
resulting in very high SWR's.  I didn't realize, that ice could have such a
dramatic effect on antennas.

That, coupled with poor atmospheric conditions made this contest tough going
indeed.

Nevertheless, there were moments of real fun and I was inspired by the
perseverance of my Frankford Radio Club teammates.  And I'm grateful for so many
operators worldwide, who struggled to dig out callsigns and exchanges.