[3830] ARRLDX SSB 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tomgeorgens15@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 17:26:58 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: 8P5A
Operator(s): W2SC
Station: 8P5A

Class: SOAB HP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Non-Assisted One-Transmitter HP
QTH: Barbados
Operating Time (hrs): 47
Radios: SO2R

  160:  226    47
   80:  898    59
   40: 2130    60
   20: 2594    61
   15: 1531    53
   10:   21     7
-------------------
Total: 7400   287  Total Score = 6,371,400

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

For the last few years I have ended each contest hoping it will be better next
year, only to see things get worse.  Hopefully we have finally hit bottom with
this weekend.  It seemed that each band had a story of it own, none of them
good.  Shorter high band openings and noisy low bands.

Nonetheless, there were some fun periods that keep you coming back.  The 10
meter opening was fascinating with very loud callers that suddenly appeared, and
then were gone in 5 minutes.  The only US on 10 all weekend

Had to repair two amps the week of the contest, but they worked well all
weekend.  The big concern was huge line noise on 15 that I had not heard before
the contest.  It has been very windy the last few weeks and something may have
come loose in the surrounding neighborhood.

Thanks to everyone for the Q's and moves.  Also to my wife Kathleen who
suggested we stay in 8P for three weeks to do both ARRL weekends.  It was great
to relax and do some non-radio stuff while on the island.

QSL via LotW or HA1AG

73, Tom W2SC