[3830] ARRLDX SSB LN8W(@LA8W) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, la5ko@online.no
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB LN8W(@LA8W) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2019 07:50:51 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: LN8W
Operator(s): LA0GE LA5KO
Station: LA8W

Class: M/S HP
Cabrillo Category: Multi-Single All-Band HP
QTH: Rakkestad
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:
   80:   17     9
   40:   14    10
   20:  402    49
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  433    68  Total Score = 88,332

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

I got my license in 1970 and worked contests since.  I never had as bad conds
before as this year.  Blackout even on 40m.  In the CW part we could work NA
from 18z through 12z, and in CQ DX CW last fall, we worked NA 23 hours a day.

But we had a nice weekend together anyhow.  The bad conds and low ambitions
allowed for focusing on getting our new FLEX trial station to work flawlessly on
SSB, and with help of Lauris LB1RH in addition to the two operators we managed
by Saturday night to have everything working.  The last fight was to make the
voice keyer of our DXLog SW to run.
We still haven't decided if we will go for Flex or Elecraft for our new M/M
setup.

Another challenge we discovered was that our audio seems to be poor, - without
any punch.  We'll have to work on that to improve it before CQ WPX.

We had planned to put a bigger effort into a Multi-Multi operation in CQ WPX SSB
this year, but now I'm not so sure it is worth while.... The recurring coronal
hole will hit again 4 weeks after ARRL DX SSB :-(

Thanks anyhow to everybody who called us, and please call us again.

73 de
Roy / LA5KO