[3830] ARRLDX SSB N1NQD SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N1NQD SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2019 17:07:30 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: N1NQD
Operator(s): N1NQD
Station: N1NQD

Class: SOAB LP
Cabrillo Category: Single-Op All-Band Non-Assisted One-Transmitter LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:   10     9
   80:   39    32
   40:   71    39
   20:  116    57
   15:   17    14
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  254   152  Total Score = 115,824

Club:

Comments:

Antennas were an End Fed 160-80-40m with the feed point at 14 feet and the
outboard end at 36 aiming north south.  The halyard had broken just before the
contest, and had no time to get it back up to its normal (and still very low) 35
feet. Still managed to work 9 countries, including 4 Europeans.  The second
antenna is also an End Fed 40 to 10m, with the feed point at 35 feet aiming east
west.  I kept checking 15m and 10m at least once an hour during daylight hoping
for an opening of some sort, but never occurred for me. Third antenna is an 8
foot 3 element beam for 10m (only) mounted on a glen martin base sitting on the
lawn at 20 feet. Only heard one station, from Uruguay, aimed at him and got him,
it was a miracle!