[3830] NA Sprint RTTY NW6P(K6DAJ) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K6DAJ@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY NW6P(K6DAJ) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 04:18:09 +0000
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest - March

Call: NW6P
Operator(s): K6DAJ
Station: NW6P

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Cupertino, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   55    1:10
   40:   58    2:12
   20:   34    1:56
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

Thanks to Tom NW6P for use of his station and Bill W9KKN for setting everything
up.

Fun! That felt like a real sprint (frenzied), not like what I experienced 6
months ago, but I did that one from my modest home station and made only half
the Qs as this time.

Started a bit slow on 20 trying to get the hang of it, and that probably hurt my
score as everyone left quickly. Did 20/40 SO2R, and later 40/80, some even
interleaved, but the sprint velocity made that a bit tricky.

Flubbed a few Qs trying to fix the entry that had gotten mis-copied by the
"right-click".  Had one string of 4 missed jump-balls on the same 80m
frequency. Ouch!

Great to see so much NCCC activity (pre-concert feedback suggested limited part
time activity, but when I worked them, some had higher numbers than I did!)

Some technical difficulties... A Windows Update decided to change all the Audio
Devices to different IDs, causing nothing to work until 10 minutes before the
contest.  Kudos to W9KKN for saving the day.  Then one of the decoders was
decoding the wrong radio, which confused my already flustered brain.  Then the
Flex got in a state where the panafall would freeze while I was tuning for a
second every other second. Made it really hard to tune... a reboot fixed it
(lost a couple minutes there.) Kept missing W7OM and KA6BIM until the very end;
glad I got them (or they got me, or whatever.)

Hourly rates 37/46/38/26.

Time to eat! 73, David / K6DAJ