[3830] OkQP W0BH Mobile AssistedMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] OkQP W0BH Mobile AssistedMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 15:34:31 +0000
                    Oklahoma QSO Party - 2019

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Mobile AssistedMixed LP
QTH: 18 OK counties
Operating Time (hrs): 7.6

  160:
   80:   16      0
   40:  161     79
   20:  150    264
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  327    343      0  Mults = 53  Total Score = 88,351

Club:

Comments:

Score includes 6000 bonus points.

2019 Oklahoma QSO Party by Bob Harder, W0BH

Since this was a part-time Saturday-only effort, I'll do a different type of
write-up.

1. XYL Lorna/k0why broke her foot in two places a couple of months ago so we
only went Saturday. Lorna was able to drive, but was glad to rest her foot on
Sunday. It was sunny all day but REALLY windy (40+) in the morning which made
driving the van interesting. Once we got on the turnpike, it was almost a direct
tailwind across most of the state.

2. We really enjoyed meeting up with Ron/ad0dx and Ron/ks5p (formerly af5q) and
their XYLs in Lawton on Friday evening.

3. Lorna and Kathy (ad0dx xyl) went looking for a chestnut collared longspur in
the Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge and found one, a new bird for
both of them. While they were birding, I got lots of contacts in Comanche county
and Ron/ad0dx worked a satellite pass from the rare grid.

4. Because birding went long, we skipped Logan county and dropped my stop in
Cleveland county to help make up time. With only a few minutes scheduled in
McClain and Cleveland, I worked them on SSB and had quite a nice list of ops
waiting for the counties.  I knew both counties were scheduled by other ops
later.

5. We missed our exit on the turnpike in Wagoner county and couldn't turn around
or exit for about ten miles. Instead of going back, we forged ahead and
substituted Delaware for Rogers county.

6. I really missed working county lines but was going for counties to help out
Connie. My only line was Ottawa/Delaware in the far northeastern part of
Oklahoma as a result of our missed turn. Lorna made a sandwich for me while I
was working down the pileup :- )

7. Osage is a BIG county and got even bigger as we detoured about 7 miles to go
around a bridge under repair.

8. 20 and 40 were both good most of the day. Very little DX, but DL3DXX got
through and I worked Japan twice.

9. We met up with Ron and Kathy again in Kay county and had supper after the
Saturday close.

10. The equipment worked great with no problems.  I even made some 80m CW
contacts the last hour. I was hoping to use the spotting network on the OKQP web
site, but my phone wouldn't scroll over to the Post button, so I couldn't use
it.

Stats

Operated 7.6 hours, 697 combined Qs, 280 unique calls, 2 dupes, 462 OKQP miles.

States not worked : HI ME NE RI WI WY
Canadian mults worked : AB BC MB ON
OK worked : 4 counties : MUR MUS OKL OKM
DX worked : 2 countries : DL JA

Six-hour W0BH Rates (includes dupes)

2019 part-time overall rate: 92

Block QSOs/hr -- 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011
1550-2000   358 = 86 ---76--79---95---104--51---119--66 (Sat)
2000-0200   429 = 72 ---99--87--108---126--97---104--78 (Sat)
1418-2100   469 = 71 ---91--98---97---101--71----82--79 (Sun)

County Breakdown (in visited order)

01 COM 85 Comanche
02 CAD 14 Caddo
03 GRA 42 Grady
04 MCL 14 McClain
05 CLE 16 Cleveland
06 OKL 34 Oklahoma
07 LIN 59 Lincoln
08 CRE 54 Creek
09 TUL 29 Tulsa
10 WAG 33 Wagoner
11 MAY 36 Mayes
12 CRA 45 Craig
13 DEL 28 Delaware
14 OTT 27 Ottawa
15 NOW 41 Nowata
16 WAS 33 Washington
17 OSA 62 Osage
18 KAY 18 Kay

Special thanks to my top scorers:

35 N6MU
25 W6OAT
17 VE7CV
15 K7YMA
13 VE3NBJ
12 WA1SAY
11 K4BYN
10 AE1T KV8Q NC4H W1END W3WHK WB9HFK WZ6ZZ

Bonus Counties
12 counties had 5 QSOs or more on 40/80 meters

W0BH Award Winners
----------------- First Place - Very Honorable Mention -
Most overall Qs - N6MU/35 ----- W6OAT/25 --- VE7CV/17
Most CW Qs ------ N6MU/19 ----- W6OAT/15 --- VE3NBJ/13
Most PH Qs ------ N6MU/16 ----- K7YMA/15 --- WA1SAY/12
Most counties --- N6MU/18 ----- K7YMA/15 --- W6OAT/14

Afterwards

Thanks to Connie/K5CM (and Pam/N5KW) for managing the OKQP and getting us all
organized!

The 2019 Kansas QSO Party is scheduled for August 24-25. With 105 counties, we
need all the help we can get, so mobiles, head this way!  Everyone else, thanks
for the Qs in Oklahoma, and see you down the log in 2019 ...

73, Bob/w0bh and Lorna/k0why