[3830] Rus DX N5AW SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX N5AW SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 19:51:13 +0000
                    Russian DX Contest - 2019

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: TX - Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 18.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   23               9
   80:  116              36         2
   40:  232      2       57         8
   20:  362     15       76        23
   15:   38      1       15
   10:   19               8
Total:  790     18      201        33  Total Score = 766,584

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Made 18 contacts on phone but no new multipliers and will submit log as CW only
(score shown does not include them) .  Despite the complaints about poor
conditions I thought they were better than in this contest the last three years,
especially considering where we are in the sunspot cycle. Decided to do this one
only half seriously. Got three hours sleep, took two 30 minute breaks and
several short ones to go for a walk (I'm a Fitbit step addict too). Activity
level seemed higher than in the past. 40 meters had nice openings to
Asia/Pacific both mornings but closed early in the evening to most of Europe. My
S4 noise level on 80 and S5 to 6 on 160 kept me from calling a lot of stations
that I could make out their call but no chance of getting a serial number. No
Eu, Af or JA stations heard on 15. But 52 Eu on 80 is pretty good for me.

Lots of complaints on the internet about losing credit for a contact in this
contest when the other station makes a mistake. I thought it was a dumb rule
when I first saw it too but after being in contests with it I think it's not
such a bad one after all. It make you and the other station a lot more careful
that calls and serial numbers are correct.

                                 2019 RDXC N5AW
                                 Continent List

                    160    80    40    20    15    10    ALL
                    ---   ---   ---   ---   ---   ---    ---
      USA calls =    11    28    71    99    13    12    234
   Canada calls =     5    14    15    28     4     0     66
       NA calls =     4     6    12    15     7     3     47
       SA calls =     1     2     9    16    14     4     46
     Euro calls =     1    52    63   179     0     0    295
  African calls =     1     1     1     4     0     0      7
    Asian calls =     0     1    18    12     0     0     31
    Japan calls =     0     8    31    19     0     0     58
    Ocean calls =     0     4    16     7     2     0     29

    Total calls =    23   116   236   380    40    19    814

Unknowns on  20 = D1A