[3830] Rus DX ZF9CW(K5GO) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa5rtg@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX ZF9CW(K5GO) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 00:40:30 +0000
                    Russian DX Contest - 2019

Call: ZF9CW
Operator(s): K5GO
Station: ZF9CW

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Cayman Brac
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   154    0        38         7
   80:   315    0        54        25
   40:   534    1        68        28
   20:   724    3        75        33
   15:    77    0        22         0
   10:     2    0         2         0
Total:  1806    4       259        93  Total Score = 3,028,960

Club:

Comments:

Got off to a very slow start with amplifier woes for first couple hours.  Never
had a combiner overheating message before on the SPE amplifier but it wouldn't
let me run anything but the low power position at about 350 watts.  Finally took
the front panel off the amplifier and put a big fan on high speed blowing
directly into amplifier compartment.  That cured the problem.

Strong signals on all three low bands Saturday night.  Disappointed in low
activity from JA and the conditions to JA were not good.  Unfortunately, as
usual, the use of spotting turned me into a DXer and I spent way too much time
trying to work some juicy multipliers instead of running stations.  But it was a
lot of fun working 9M6NA on 40 and 80, moving VK2GR from 40 to 80 to 160, etc.

Thanks for the contacts.  Congratulations to NP4Z on a nice result from the
neighborhood.