[3830] BARTG K7HKR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, azswdxing@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG K7HKR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 07:42:40 +0000
                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest - 2019

Call: K7HKR
Operator(s): K7HKR
Station: K7HKR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:  19        2          8
   40:   8        4          5
   20:  40        4         12
   15:   0        0          0
   10:   0        0          0
-----------------------------------
Total:  67       10         25  Continents = 5  Total Score = 11,725

Club:

Comments:

6-foot diameter small transmitting loop (80/40/20) at 5 meters
IC-7300 plus SignaLink and fldigi

I had an accident on Monday with the vacuum variable capacitor assembly for my
low-band loops and shattered the glass.  Fortunately, the replacement arrived on
Friday, and I was finally back on the air at 3am local time (10UT) on Saturday.
There wasn’t a lot of activity, which was the theme for the weekend.  I guess
I was spoiled by the turnout in WPX and NAQP last month.  I had to work Saturday
afternoon and evening, so I didn’t get back to the radio until after 05UT on
Sunday.  I operated off and on until around 2030UT when I had to quit for good.

A couple JAs, a couple KH6s, and a YV got me to 4 continents.  Never heard an
EA8 which would have been my only shot at Africa.  With the “new normal” of
lousy propagation, I basically pretend Europe doesn’t exist.  That made it all
the more miraculous that I not only heard Finland on 20, I managed to work him!
I imagine I will have one of the lowest 5-continent scores, which was not
intentional! (Assuming I don't drop to 4 upon log checking.)

Score is only approximate because I used the built-in logger of fldigi and
calculated by hand.