[3830] Rus DX NN3W(@N3HBX) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX NN3W(@N3HBX) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 14:16:47 +0000
                    Russian DX Contest - 2019

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): KE3X KD3D N3QE NN3W
Station: N3HBX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    29     0       29         0
   80:   253    61       63        18
   40:   531    57       83        27
   20:   616   145       88        46
   15:    36     1       23         0
   10:     4     3        7         0
Total:  1469   267      293        91  Total Score = 3,290,880

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks as always to John N3HBX for letting us invade the Poolesville station.

Tough contest for us here in the USA, but we made the best of it.  Equally tough
for a seasoned group of single ops to do multi single with a 10 minute clock
constantly locking us is onto one band.  With maybe two bands open
simultaneously, not a lot of options for multiplier hunting!

Condx started of meh, got better about two hours into the contest (i.e., 20
meters only), failed to materialize on 15 or 10 (whats that band), opened to
Europe as we moved towards late afternoon (my first EI QSO on 40 meters was
1559z), then promptly died to the northern latitudes thanks to a K of 4 and then
5, but got cooking on 80 meters.  We probably should have spent more time on 160
meters, but hard to justify locking ourselves into a 10 minute run on that band
when we would be unsure of the results.  As it is, we were multiplier hunting
only on that band.

See you in the next one.