[3830] WPX SSB VE9CB SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB VE9CB SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019 00:23:05 +0000

1: FTdx-5000 + TL-922
2: TS-590S + AL-80A

Antennas:
Two tribanders:
- TH-5 at 22m stuck on Europe
- X-7 at 20m stuck on SW (USA)
- 40m 4-Square
- 80m vertical dipole

I missed both SSB and CW WPXes in 2018 as the last winter storm  in early March
2018 severely damanged my antennas.

The first few hours were tough.  I couldn't seem to get anything going at all.
I wen to abed about 0300 and got up six hours later.  20m eventually cracked
open to Europe, and Saturday saw some good runs.  I heard only one European on
15m, and didn't work him.  On 15m, I worked only South Americans and a couple of
Africans on the 2nd rig while running all  day on 20m.
I listened on 10m a few times but heard nothing.  My 160m antenna seems to be
broken, not that it would matter much in this contest.

The crowding was extreme on 20, 40 and 80m.  It was tough be be heard in Europe
on 40 and 80, but once I broke through, the runs were fairly good.

It's always a big thrill to break 3000 QSOs and 1000 mults.