[3830] WPX SSB V31VP(WB0TEV) SO(A)SB20 TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB V31VP(WB0TEV) SO(A)SB20 TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019 03:50:06 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: V31VP
Operator(s): WB0TEV
Station: V31DL

Class: SO(A)SB20 HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Belize
Operating Time (hrs): 28:11

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1707
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Even though I worked all bands I figured I'd end up filing as a single band
entry, which I've done.  Given the continuing decline in propagation, I was
pretty sure I wouldn't do as well as in 2018 an SOAB(A) HP and I was right, even
though I put in a couple more BIC hours than last year.  Started off on 40 but
soon realized the error of my ways and went to 20m at 0004 and concentrated on
that band.

Propagation was weird.  The 20m opening to EU was fair beginning just before
sunrise here but within a couple hours signals got weak.  20m to EU was better
in my late afternoon after EU sunset.  Mid-day 20m prop was lousy and I took
naps between roughly 1700 and 2000Z both days.  40m prop the first night was
interesting.  I found myself working both JA and EU together in the 0700Z hour.

One of the more interesting dupes was 5T5PA.  After managing to break their
pileup and work them while they were running on 20m, about 40 minutes later they
ended up calling into my run.  Better twice than not all I say.

Had to do some manual computation to get the proper number of 20m prefixes from
N1MM+. Given that I worked some prefixes on bands other than 20m before I later
worked them on 20m, those didn't get included in the N1MM+ score summary
listing.  FWIW here's the info for the other bands:

Band     QSOs   Pts  WPX
1.8       6      26   1
3.5      240    1140 114
7        230    1152 108

21        41    120  13
28         2      6   0

Total   2226    6246 800

If I had filed as SOAB(A) HP the claimed score would have been 4,996,800.

I recorded all the QSOs using K3IT's QSORDER program. You can listen to the QSOs
from this and previous SSB contests by plugging your callsign into the widget on
the V31VP qrz.com page.  The audio files will be uploaded sometime next week
after the log filing deadline.  Enjoy.

Thanks again to Monika and Andre and the Maya Hill Lodge for the use of the
station and their fine hospitality.

73,
Victor V31VP (WB0TEV)