[3830] WPX SSB AT3A(VU2XE) SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB AT3A(VU2XE) SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2019 12:33:47 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: AT3A
Operator(s): VU2XE
Station: AT3A

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:    7
   20:   68
   15:   69
   10:
------------

Club: VU Contest Group

Comments:

I had received my permission to operate AT3A two weeks prior to the contest. I
wanted to operate casually this time without amplifier. couple of days before
the contest evening DXing yielded good pileups of upto 120/hr QSO rate during
short openings on 20mtr band from 13UT to 15 UTC. No other higher bands showed
any signs of signals. So was not hoping for making much QSOs this time in
contest. I had Hexbeam at 32 feet and a vertical for 40mtr to go with.
During the contest for some reason my signals were going nowhere :(. Few DX
contesters reported honest 55-57 reports in central EU and  59+ south eastern
EU. However, calls were not much going through. Conditions were not that great
and to add my antenna height might be another problem for serious signals during
contests. Only one signal from NA in the log this time.
So there are always some points to takeaway as usual lhi!

73s VU2XE Kiran