[3830] WPX SSB VE4EA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ve4ea@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB VE4EA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 03:19:46 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: VE4EA
Operator(s): VE4EA
Station: VE4EA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Winnipeg
Operating Time (hrs): 31

------------
  160:   28
   80:   81
   40:  804
   20:  496
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

It was a pleasant change operating from home after operating 100% remote for the
past 5 months.
I chose WPXSSB as my first contest to post live results to CQcontest.net.
Perhaps not a wise choice in retrospect, with my less than auspicious results.

My first few hours (on 40m) were excellent with rates well north of 160. My
world came back to reality once it was time to move to 80m. Things were so bad
that the next morning I had to go outside and check to see if my antennas were
still “up”(they were fine).
The second evening, 80m was decent with one or two moderate runs.  But, what
happened to 20m and how did everyone else manage to post 1,500+ QSO on 20m?
And so it went for the rest of the test.  My new antenna did what it was
supposed to do. However having just 2 elements (6BA-JK) often felt like bringing
a knife to a gun fight.
Congratulations to all those who managed to punch holes in the solar wind for
excellent scores.
I hope to see many of your in Dayton, come May 2019.
73,  Cary VE4EA