[3830] WPX SSB N8II SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N8II SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 15:20:03 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:  119
   40:   64
   20:  327
   15:   66
   10:   21
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

With this years condx, it was definitely not worth putting in  much time. If
there was any opening to the west coast on 15, it was weak and brief, nothing
heard here.
The only fairly big surprise was finally hearing northern Caribbean on 15 and
working D4C on 10 along with being able to run Brazil briefly on Sunday
afternoon. I heard no EU signals on 15. 20 and below were decent to EU, just not
enough space to work that many on 40 or 20.

Poor audio and broad splattering signals continue to be on the rise. It would be
nice if there were monitoring judges to DQ the broad signal offenders. If you
really want to do well on phone, you need good audio! Saturday, I did not
operate many hours. Sunday was a real grind with splatter, poor operating, and
having to repeat my call and number over and over again. FYI, N3II is not active
in contests, had many ops try to make my 8 a 3. The most pleasurable band by far
was 75M, but activity was limited, should have pushed it a bit harder the first
night. Some EU signals on 75 were booming, others totally unreadable with a
fairly low noise level. I guess the good news is it took the next highest USA
scorer 36 hours to best my score in 13.5 hours. I could only take the mess on 20
for about 90 minutes without a break or QSY to quieter band.

73, Jeff