[3830] WPX SSB K8PGJ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K8PGJ SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 14:57:29 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: K8PGJ
Operator(s): K8PGJ
Station: K8PGJ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 32.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:  347
   40:  232
   20:  289
   15:   37
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Antennas: 2L 40-10 Steppir E/W, Steppir 20-10 N/S, 2L 15M was only pointed
South, 2L 20M was only pointed East, 80/40 Fan Dipole E/W @33’. SAL 20 Receive
Antenna worked well on 40 & 80M.
Elecraft K3 & P3 Panadaptor plus N1MM+

Event started slowly with minimal activity on 20 and a noisy 40 meters probably
due to weather and woke up to an inch of fresh snow. Found a few holes to run
80m on Friday night.

Being so far north, 15m opened with only a few station worked which also meant
10m was not going to open and 20m was packed. Making two contacts on the same
frequency during S&P was tough but possible on 20m. Looked for small holes
on Saturday and could run a for few minutes at a time on 20m and 40m spaced out
Saturday which allowed some space to run. About 0100Z, I settled into a spot mid
band on 80m which was very quiet and held it for 4 hours Saturday evening.

Sunday, I opened running 40m early and then back to a usually crowded 20m band
with a few short holes to run. 15M did opened slowly and I went to see a friend
in hospice for a couple hours Sunday afternoon and ended the contest running 40m
to finish. Running during the contest made for allot of Fun and created a
personal best Score for this Contest.