[3830] 144SprngSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 144SprngSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 15:09:05 +0000
                    144 MHz Spring Sprint - 2019

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31/CT
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

Total:  QSOs = 118  Mults = 31  Total Score = 3,658

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Nice to get on as always in the sprint. I only had limited operation in the
January contest with iced antennas and was off much of last year with a downed
tower. So this was my first real effort in quite some time. Activity seemed
good. I had 55 QSO's in the first 40 minutes which was fun.

My continued issues with terrible noise to the SW, W and NW continue which does
make 2M operation really difficult at my QTH. Essentially about 30% of the
compass is really wiped out (W to NNW) and the others are more usable but tough
to hear any weak sigs. That limits my grid total for sure. Sorry to any of the
VE3's or WNY stations that may have called. I was hoping FT8 might help but
guess it is as deaf as the operator through the noise. I did make about a dozen
Q's on FT8 with the rest on cw and ssb.

Anyway, tnx to the sponsors and for the Q's. I look forward to 222 and 432 where
it will be a lot easier to hear the weak ones!

73,

Jeff K1TEO