[3830] GaQP AA4LR Single OpCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP AA4LR Single OpCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 03:29:31 +0000
                    Georgia QSO Party - 2019

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single OpCW LP
QTH: FULT
Operating Time (hrs): 7.0

  160:
   80:     41
   40:    184
   20:     49
   15:
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:    274       0  CW-Dig Mults = 40  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 21,920

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
80/40m trap dipole at 10m high

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 w/ KAT100 running 100 watts

Comments:

Just a casual effort from the Parsonage in Fulton county. Antenna farm isn't
much, but it seemed to get out OK. I stuck with CW because of that, I never
tried any phone.

K2 was acting a little weird when I first set it up the day before. It seemed to
settle down after warming up, so I left it on the whole weekend. I don't think
it like the cold and higher humidity of the basement that much.

I had fits with the WK3 Serial. N1MM+ could talk to it at first, then bupkis. I
ended up just using the serial port with DTR keying. N1MM+ gives warnings that
the Prolific chipset doesn't work reliably for keying CW, but I found I didn't
have any problems using a dedicate port for it. I have had trouble with  using
the same serial port for both rig control and CW keying simultaneously.

Conditions were OK. Lots of QSB on 20m on Saturday. And 40m wasn't that great
either, but I always seem to get better rates on 40m. 80m was a bit noisy, and
slower. Sunday afternoon, it appear that 20m was open, but only a handful of
stations answered my CQs. Made me wonder where everyone was.

This is my best-ever CW-only score.