[3830] OnQP VE3ZF/R Mobile Solo Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, igor.slakva2010@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] OnQP VE3ZF/R Mobile Solo Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 17:41:31 +0000
                    Ontario QSO Party - 2019

Call: VE3ZF/R
Operator(s): VE3ZF
Station: VE3ZF

Class: Mobile Solo Op LP
QTH: Rover
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:           5      5
   80:          35     24
   40:         133     43
   20:         191     54
   15:           4      4
   10:           3      3
    6:
    2:
---------------------------
Total:   0     399    101  Total Score = 40,512

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I came to Amherst Island by the first ferry a day before OnQP start on Friday.
My Toyota Camry was fully loaded with HF gear and antennas. All the day on
Friday as long as the light was out, I was installing all my antennas which I
brought with me.

Weather conditions on the island during the entire Friday and Saturday were
horrible – wind up to 40 km/hr with gusts of 60 km/hr coupled with 60 mm of
heavy rain as well.

Despite difficulties all antennas below were installed and tuned on by the end
of Friday.

160 – Inverted Vee
80 - Inverted Vee
40 – 2 phased verticals (NE-SW)
20-15-10 – 3 el. Spider Beam on telescopic mast

Early Saturday morning when the wind was sort of down, I was lucky enough to
have 20 minutes  to push up Spider Beam to the 8 meter`s height.

Conditions were very unusual and way far from being perfect during the OnQP.
Combined CQ and S&P…

In a late evening on Saturday I left the island for Frontenac county. Upon my
arrival to Kingston I started to operate by FT-1000MP and Cushcraft AP8A. By the
time I was already tired after all the challenges and when I heard CQ from only
one station on 20 meters band E6AF (ZK2), I automatically called him without any
hope because I had LP and AP8A at this time only. I was surprised when after my
3rd call I`ve got an answer from far Pacific…
I found a lot of Ontario based stations on 80 meters which I`ve operated from
FRO county as a Rover as well.

It was big pleasure to operate in OnQP 2019, thanks to all who called me during
my Rover operation in OnQP.

73,

Igor VE3ZF/R