[3830] 432SprngSprnt VE3CRU/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cru@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] 432SprngSprnt VE3CRU/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 23:30:27 +0000
                    432 MHz Spring Sprint - 2019

Call: VE3CRU/R
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: FN04, FN03
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

This Sprint saw favourable weather finally  One limitation was from having to
aim a narrow beamwidth antenna by rotating the Rovermobile, no 120V for the
rotator on the roof.  The other was limited space on a very blind hilltop both
directions in FN03nx to move vehicle.  The first ten minutes saw lots of
activity, then it slowed.  Got 13 qso's in FN04nx, including best dx with K1TEO,
then moved early to FN03nx and soon thereafter picked up K1TEO again with a good
signal both times. Got 11 qso's in FN03.  Moving closer to home, heard KB8U
pounding away on cw while  westbound, but no shoulders on  the road to pull
over.  Finally reached a pullover spot but could not get his attention.  A final
stop near home saw me aiming over new housing footings for what will be 3 storey
residences to the right for 3 more Q's and a new mult.

Unlike other rovers, we cannot move south from the east grid corners that are
only 3 km from the north  shore of Lake Ontario.  Going north is futile.  The
corners  to my south-west have north shore of Lake Erie about 15 km south.  Can
go north to EN93wv at 1750 fasl, north of VE3EU then further north 15 km to EN94
same elevation.  But a 90 minute drive home after contesting west is too much
anymore, my age is showing.

Equipment was Icom 910H 75W to a 22 elmt K1FO at 8 feet, my best band overall.

Thanks to all staff of Central States VHF for sponsoring and supporting these
Sprints, and to all who participated and gave out points.  Much appreciated.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU/R