[3830] FlQP K4HQK SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jwfuller@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] FlQP K4HQK SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 22:19:21 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2019

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: Alexandria, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   40:   90
   20:   34
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  124     0  CW Mults = 48  Ph Mults = 1  Total Score = 11,904

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Very high activity made this competition exciting and worth one's time as a
participant. I doubt I've ever heard a state QSO party so busy, and at times, it
felt like trying to break through a rare-DX pileup. Band conditions were another
matter, with a lot of long, deep QSB on both 40m and 20m.

The dense activity had a downside for a modest station like mine in that there
was often not enough time to work a mobile passing through a rare county. The
powerhouse stations dominated the frequency.

Why don't you allow 80m? It would be so much easier to work Florida at night on
that band from here in the Mid Atlantic region. Too much QRN?

73,

John K4HQK
Alexandria, Virginia