[3830] FlQP K1TN SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jamesdavidcain@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP K1TN SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 22:47:04 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2019

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: MTE
Operating Time (hrs): 9

   40:  155
   20:  145
   15:    0
   10:    0
--------------------
Total:  300     0  CW Mults = 49  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 58,800

Club:

Comments:

My fifth FQP since moving to Florida in 2014. This year's "highlight"
was even less DX than usual. NO XE, no Caribbean or Central America or South
America. Not even a lowly KP4 or KV4 and I can practically see that stuff from
my back yard. No KH6, no Asia.

To paraphrase the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers, "Activity in times of no
sunspots is better than sunspots in times of no activity."

I did not spend much time calling the mobiles this year because they don't count
as multipliers for me. I sure wish they would change that rule. I think it would
encourage us in-state fixed stations to give them more Qs.

I called a lot of CQs on 21039, into dead ether. Incidentally, I heard a bunch
of in-state fixed stations calling CQ in the mobile windows. Not me.

My Slinky in a tree has sort of outlived its charm. I expect to live enough to
see some sunspots again but I don't expect to have much interest until then.
Luckily, the ARRL and CQ DX contests always seem to bring out the activity, so
I'll be in them through this Time of Tribulation.

Thanks to everybody who called in!

Jim Cain
At the K1TN Superstation