[3830] FlQP WI9WI SOABMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] FlQP WI9WI SOABMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 02:21:39 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2019

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: Winter, WI
Operating Time (hrs): 16

   40:  106      1
   20:  267     37
   15:    1      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  374     38  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 25  Total Score = 72,312

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

As always it's the mobiles that make a great state QSO party, and there were
lots of great mobiles out for this one. I spent most of my time following the
mobiles. At the end of day one I had all but DES, CHA and FRA. I picked them up
early Sunday morning with the last being KN4Y in FRA at 1346. I managed to work
each county at least twice, and at least one mobile in each county, so it was
possible to get a CW sweep this year following only the mobiles. Frequent fliers
were K4OJ 43, K4KG 41, AD4ES 39, N4TO 37, N4FP 27, and K8MR 25. Thanks to all
the mobiles especially the ones who activated some of the rarer counties. The
problem of loud fixed stations operating in the mobile window seems to be
getting worse compared to previous years, and they often cover up a weak mobile
station, which is pretty annoying to everyone. I was going to make a list, but
there were so many it seemed fruitless. Many of them should know better,
including a couple of the BEACH stations who parked in the 20 meter CW mobile
window.I suppose it's a matter of education.

Special thanks to the organizers and everyone who participated. See ya next
year.

73
Jim WI9WI