[3830] FlQP N4TO(@N4EEB/M) Multi-Op MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1to@aol.com, fcg@groups.io
Subject: [3830] FlQP N4TO(@N4EEB/M) Multi-Op MobileCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 00:32:39 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2019

Call: N4TO
Operator(s): N4EEB K1TO
Station: N4EEB/M

Class: Multi-Op MobileCW LP
QTH: 51 CTYS
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   40:  1114
   20:  2028
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  3142    0  CW Mults = 69  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 867,192

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Vic N4TO passed away in 2008 after many successful FQP mobile efforts.  This
operation is another in a long string to honor Vic.

First and foremost, huge thanks to John N4EEB for sharing his luxurious ride,
complete with 20 & 40 Hamsticks, an IC-7000 and a Begali.  John has racked
up some fine single-op totals in past FQPs and generously asked if I'd like to
join him for this year.

Secondly, many thanks to all of you who get on year after year to give us
someone to work!  If I were to list the frequent callers from memory, I'd surely
miss one.  In particular, we want to thank those who were the only one active
from your QTH.  Huge tnx to NX4N whose publicity campaign (channeling K4OJ)
really got a lot of people on.

Many lament the absence of 15M, but in the mobile category where you hit the
Reset button every 24 minutes or so, there is plenty to work on 20 & 40.  40
was productive for much of the time and John's set-up allowed for very quick
QSYs there.

The N3FJP software was new to me and we didn't exactly bond at first sight, but
we managed to reach a hands-off compromise by late Saturday.

We had a few more QSOs on Saturday than on Sunday, perhaps due to the better wx
up N on Sunday pushing folks outside to do stuff the rainy wx on Saturday
prevented.

ON (Ontario, not Belgium) was fully 10% of our log with PA (Pennsylvania, not
Holland) at 9%.  We worked all States except WY (and also missed DC).  DX was
sparse this year.

Our Sunday route through desolate NE OSC was majorly impacted by a road closure.
 We went 42 miles out of our way, yet still caught up and went ahead of schedule
by the end.

A bit surprising to provide CHA as a last one to someone, but it appears that
many sweeps were attained again this year even with a few regulars off the
roads.

The love bug population was depleted by several million, but I don't think John
snapped a picture of the vehicle's front.

Thank goodness for clear wx and static-free condx.

OJ, AHZ, vy 73, Dan K1TO for John N4EEB