[3830] 7QP W9FI SOSSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wysocki1@mindspsring.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP W9FI SOSSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 May 2019 17:44:19 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2019

Call: W9FI
Operator(s): W9FI
Station: W9FI

Class: SOSSB HP
QTH: Tucson, AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:          22
   40:         201
   20:         108
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   0     331      0  Mults = 42  Total Score = 27,804

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first 7QP. Mostly S&P but I started a run operation for a couple
of hours on 40m which turned out to be very productive. I never operated
"stroke seven", instead ID'ing my CQ calls with "W9FI in
Arizona."  This method worked well for those on both ends of the QSOs.

The run operation was interesting.  My call was put up several times on the
spotting networks, and then the callers rapidly multiplied from just a few at a
time to a dull roar of stations calling.  Sometimes the S-meter rose several S
units without my being able to copy any individual call.  Generally a call
letter or two came through, which is what I used to thin out the pileup.  Now I
know a little of what the DX operators experience.  Great fun.

73,  Jim  W9FI