[3830] 7QP K6GHA SOSSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6gha@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 7QP K6GHA SOSSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 May 2019 22:20:11 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2019

Call: K6GHA
Operator(s): K6GHA
Station: K6GHA

Class: SOSSB LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:           2
   80:          49
   40:         211
   20:         148
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   0     410      0  Mults = 116  Total Score = 94,656

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were challenging, but 7QP is still one of my top favorite contests.
This year I was up on Q's, down on Mults, missed a lot of the rovers, and did my
best to run in Low Power.
Highlights always include hearing new young hams on the air, working multiple
bands of the county line sitters (THANK YOU TO ALL WHO DID THAT!), and this year
pushing my 80m dipole to make 2 contacts on 160m. It was great to bookend my log
with 160m contacts; W7RN at the beginning, and W7XQ at the end of the contest.
Conditions were really challenging. I watched 15m but never saw it open, and I
thought 80m would come in, but by the time I hung it up at 11pm it never yielded
the Q's I expected.
All in all, a good time, but as most have commented, it took more BIC (butt in
chair) time this year to get results.
I look forward to next year when I'll have more than just a dipole to work in
those more challenging conditions.