[3830] 7QP K7QA SO(A)CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP K7QA SO(A)CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 00:36:48 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2019

Call: K7QA
Operator(s): K7QA
Station: K7QA

Class: SO(A)CW HP
QTH: MTMIS
Operating Time (hrs): 12+

  160:   21
   80:  191
   40:  225
   20:  333
   15:   10
   10:    0
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  780     0       0  Mults = 59  Total Score = 137,352

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

Was going to try a low power entry but after about 3 hours running barefoot, it
was clear propagation condx would not co-operate, especially on 20m. Sigs were
much weaker than usual with lots of close in backscatter. Tried calling several
neighbors in WA, OR and ID on 20 but few heard me. So we turned on the 500w
afterburner for the rest of the contest.

20 finally started to sound almost normal by 2000Z. Took a long break late
afternoon to hang a 40m fullwave rx loop a lot higher out in the horse pasture.
What a difference it made being able to hear the weak sigs, cutting down so many
aggravating repeat requests. Also fired up a new MFJ 1886 rx magloop on a
rotator at 23 ft with preamp, but it performs poorly compared to the full size
H-loops here.

15 opened for a few hours midday with E skip to the SW. Worked everybody we
heard there. 160 prop was good after 0400Z with loud sigs all over out west but
didn't hear much east of the Rockies.

Indiana and NE QSO Parties added quite a few Qs to the log. And kudos to all the
road warriors who provided lots of action from multiple QTHs, all within the 18
hours of fun.

QA