[3830] 7QP K7A(K6WSC) Cnty Exped SO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6wsc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 7QP K7A(K6WSC) Cnty Exped SO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 19:02:37 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2019

Call: K7A
Operator(s): K6WSC
Station: K7A

Class: Cnty Exped SO LP
QTH: AZCHS
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:
   80:   83
   40:  212      3
   20:  213     10
   15:    5
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  513     13      0  Mults = 54  Total Score = 84,510

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

County expeditions are a lot of work. There is work in preparation, travel,
setup, and finally station and antenna tear down after the contest. The thought
of the latter makes the midnight end of the 7QP seem far off. I stopped at
10:15. However, there is no way to rationalize stopping before the end of the
contest if you hope to be competitive. It’s all worth it though, lots of
tremendous run fun.

Does anybody else wonder why there is typically no power differentiation in
expedition entry classes? Maybe it’s time to get an amp.

I brought a microphone with me this time and even set up some wav files. I
managed to make 13 SSB QSOs.

The 2019 7QP was my fifth county expedition (three 7QP and two CQP). Each time I
made an antenna change. This was the first time I had effective antennas on all
bands 80 thru 10. I used two inverted-Vs, each with its own feedline. The top
antenna with a peak at 24 feet has a shortened 80m & 40m element, and a 20m
fan. The lower inverted-V is a 15m & 10m fan.  With this arrangement, I find
there is little tuning interaction between any of the bands.  Even though 10m
was dead, I tried hard to breathe life into 15m. You never know when you might
need antennas on all the bands.

Rig: IC-7300

Thanks to all the callers and to all the hams that make the fabulous 7QP happen.
 See you next year.

73, Bill K6WSC  - K7A in the 2019 7QP