[3830] WPX CW VK3JA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk3ja@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VK3JA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 May 2019 23:36:19 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: VK3JA
Operator(s): VK3JA
Station: VK3JA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Rural Melbourne
Operating Time (hrs): 25

------------
  160:    0
   80:    7
   40:  362
   20:  233
   15:   43
   10:    0
------------
Total:  645  Prefixes = 419  Total Score = 1,211,748

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Storms here with high winds, lightning and QRN most the weekend.  15 never
opened here and where were the JA's this time?  Usually 15M is loaded with trans
equitorial JA's but very few were heard.  20M was OK but no NA LP and no middle
of the night openings where most contest weekends really help my scoring.  Many
JA's did appear on 20 at the contest end so thank you to those guys.

As usual I have a terrible time working China answering their CQ's.  When I am
running I get them calling me likely as they've turned their antennas my way but
 very, very difficult to work the Chinese from here when they are running CQ.

Congrats to many stations with huge QSO counts.  Many EU stations reporting
4000+ Q's but then EU and NA can work local contacts for prefixes where we in
the South Pacific can only work genuine DX.

Thanks to those who called.  73 to all
Steve VK3JA