[3830] WPX CW KQ1F(K1XM) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KQ1F(K1XM) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 01:34:46 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: KQ1F
Operator(s): K1XM
Station: KQ1F

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Massachusetts
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   80
   40:  702
   20:  419
   15:  135
   10:   10
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

With K1LZ going multi-single I figured that the K1 prefix would be pretty common
so I operated using Charlotte's callsign.

I had somewhere to go Sunday afternoon and I needed to be awake so this wasn't
going to be a full effort.  I shut down at 1600Z Sunday.  My actual time is a
bit less than what I'm posting.

I ran the latest development version of DXLog in debug mode looking for any
problems that might crop up.  I had spent most of Friday working on a for for an
SO2R problem (including when I should have taken a nap before the contest) and I
wanted to see how it performed.

20 didn't play well for me.  I often couldn't get a run going and when I did a
European station would show up and call CQ on top of me which usually ended it.
40 was better and I was able to work quite a bit of 6 point Europe.

Friday evening was pretty good.  Saturday was noisy and I stopped for the night
at around midnight, just before a thunderstorm came through.  Sunday morning I
had a local noise which made it impossible to call CQ on 20.  It went away after
a couple hours.  Fortunately there was some Europe on 15 and I couldn't run much
but most of Europeans heard me when I called them.

I made QSOs on 10!  I think I worked two stations on 5 bands, P40X and CN3A.

It was fun watching the K1LZ vs KC1XX battle on the live scoreboard.  It looks
like the winner will be the station with the most accurate log.  A great job by
both teams!