[3830] WPX CW KW7Y(K7RL) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KW7Y(K7RL) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 17:02:24 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: KW7Y
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    1
   80:   83
   40:  701
   20: 1345
   15:  109
   10:    3
------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Congratulations to NO6T (KI6RRN@WA6TQT) on a great score from the west coast!

Got off to a slow start. Not sure if it was conditions or the operator. No Asia
on 20m to kick off the contest may have contributed. 20m was open to EU and
that's where I pointed, but the rate wasn't as good.

20m was open to EU almost around the clock with rates that ebbed and flowed all
weekend. Asia didn't open until after 9:00 PM local, but remained steady until
2:00 AM local. Sunday morning featured a nice opening to VU and S79 which was
pretty cool. Been a while since I worked that part of the world.

Once again 15m eludes me. The band was open, but certainly not as good as the
bigger numbers from other stations around the country. Maybe if I had known 400
or 500 Qs was possible, I would have tried harder. Not sure it would have
mattered though.

40m was good and once the sun went down static levels were manageable. Not much
EU over the weekend, but Asia was very good. The long daylight hours this time
of year shortens operating time and once the sun rose, the band seemed to fade
quickly.

Once again, thanks to KW7Y for the use of his fantastic call, and thanks to all
for the Qs!

73, Mitch, K7RL