[3830] WPX CW 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 00:20:54 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: 8P5A
Operator(s): W2SC
Station: 8P5A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Barbados
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  261
   40: 1232
   20: 1635
   15:  622
   10:  113
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

After a good start, steadily lost ground all weekend to my score from last year.
 Had a few good hours to close the contest to end on a high note.  Overall, 80
was noisy and the high bands were disappointing, especially 15.

Lost a tribander about 90 minutes into the contest.  I spent the first planned
offtime determining if the problem was the antenna or the triplexer.  I went up
the tower in my second offtime and fixed the antenna.  It worked fine the rest
of the weekend and got it fixed early enough to have minimal impact on my score.
 However, I sure missed my long awaited nap.

Congratulations to CN2CO for his tremendous score, and VY2TT for besting me from
NA

Thanks for all of the Q's

QSL via LoTW or HA1AG

73, Tom W2SC